Girl Diet Snacks

In my previous post, I went over some recipes that were good if you are trying for a girl, but not everyone has time to whip something up, so I decided to post a list of snacks that are good for a girl diet. (Remember, you're trying to increase your calcium and magnesium intake, and avoid sodium and potassium!)

Most of these snacks you just buy and then you eat them, some you might have to wash first like fruits and veggies, others might have a few steps like peeling or cutting, but don't require as much work as the recipes I had shared.


Snacks

  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Raspberries
  • Blackberries
  • Cranberries (Not a fan of the berry itself, but cranberry sauce is delicious, especially with turkey!)
  • Cranberry Juice
  • Oranges
  • Orange Juice
  • Oatmeal (I eat this every morning for breakfast, just buy the instant packets and all you have to do is boil some water, a tea kettle is handy for this!)
  • Dark Chocolate 
  • Nuts (I like Planters Mixed Nuts)
  • Tuna (Just eat it right out of the can, yummy!)
  • Tuna Sandwich (Drain tuna, mix with some mayo, mix in some relish and spread on your bread!)
  • Pears
  • Apples/Apple Slices (You can spread peanut butter on them or I have heard from friends that putting a slice of cheese between the apple slices is delicious. I have yet to try it myself, let me know if you do!)
  • Peanut butter and Crackers (Use salt-free crackers!)
  • Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwich 
  • Rice Cakes (I love to put peanut butter on these as well!)
  • Yogurt 
  • Pumpkin Seeds 
  • Dates
  • Raisins 
  • Ants on a Log (Just spread some peanut butter on celery sticks and stick on raisins, enjoy!)
  • Prunes
  • Dried Apricots
  • Watermelon 
  • Yogurt Covered Blueberries (just dip your blueberries in plain yogurt, place on a baking sheet, stick in the freezer, sit overnight and you'll have a tasty snack! Once frozen you can remove berries from baking sheet and store in a Ziploc bag)
  • Milk and Chocolate Chip Cookies (dark chocolate is even better!)
  • Milkshake
  • Ice Cream

Feel free to share your favorite girl diet snacks in the comments!


Attribution: Image used in blog post photo does not belong to me and was found on Canva.